• Commonly develops in young adulthood.
• Often misdiagnosed as the symptoms can be confusing. Appropriate diagnosis is vital to maintaining wellness.
• With appropriate treatment, people with bipolar disorder can lead full, joyful lives. Sometimes finding the right medication can take time. We’ll work closely with you to find the right fit.
• The effects of trauma can impact all areas of your life.
• Many medications can mask the symptoms of trauma or even make it worse in the long run. We’ll work together to find safe, effective treatment strategies.
• Therapy is integral to recovery. We’ll help you find the right therapist to do therapeutic work.
• Panic attacks and constant worry can limit your engagement with friends, school, or work.
• Many people experience scary or unusual thoughts that repeatedly pop into their head.
• Medication can help you mange these thoughts better, and even maximize what you’ve been working on in therapy.
Not sure what’s going on? Don’t worry, we can help figure it out.
• Poor sleep puts you at risk for anxiety, depression, as well as certain medical conditions.
• The problem is, most sleep medications worsen your brain’s natural ability to sleep, creating a compounding problem.
• Cognitive behavioral therapy for insomnia (CBTi) is the #1 treatment recommendation for insomnia by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
What does CBTi look like?
Improve your sleep without medication in 8-12 half-hour sessions. We’ll talk about your sleep behaviors as well as thought and feelings about sleep.
Food as Medicine
• Diet and gut health play a direct role in the development or persistence of many mental health issues, including anxiety, depression, and irritability.
• Many people develop an unhealthy relationship to food, viewing it as a punishment or reward.
What does treatment look like?
Changing the way you think about food can help relieve constant worry and fighting with your diet. Treatment depends on your unique issues and we will develop a plan in your first session.
I do not directly treat weight loss, nor specialize in eating disorders, but I am a strong advocate for the holistic benefits of proper nutrition.