… or lack thereof
• Poor sleep puts you at risk for anxiety, depression, as well as certain medical conditions.
• The problem is, most sleep medications worsen your brain’s natural ability to sleep, creating a compounding problem.
• Cognitive behavioral therapy for insomnia (CBTi) is the #1 treatment recommendation for insomnia by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine
What does CBTi look like?
Improve your sleep without medication in 8-12 half-hour sessions. We’ll talk about your sleep behaviors as well as thought and feelings about sleep.
• Diet and gut health play a direct role in the development or persistence of many mental health issues, including anxiety, depression, and irritability.
• Many people develop an unhealthy relationship to food, viewing it as a punishment or reward.
What does treatment look like?
Changing the way you think about food can help relieve constant worry and fighting with your diet. Treatment depends on your unique issues and we will develop a plan in your first session.
I do not directly treat weight loss, nor specialize in eating disorders, but I am a strong advocate for the holistic benefits of proper nutrition.